View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 05:12 PM

Default Recording Plug-Ins

Hi Everyone:

Although I am still very much a neophyte regarding Pro Tools, I have had some very good results. I am using ProTools 8 with an IMac.

Perhaps I should be embarrassed for not having been able to figure this out, so consider me very much embarrassed. Here’s my question.

When using plug-ins such as”Strike,” “Boom,” “DB 33,” or “Mini Grand Piano,” etc., I am unable to record them. I am using an instrument track for the plug-ins. When looking in the edit window, there’s no visible information, either in the MIDI form or the audio wave form. In addition, I always have to manually start and stop the plug-in. I am able to insert these plug-ins during “bouncing to disc” but that’s it. What I would like is to actually record them and have them included as part of my multi track recording.

As I seem to be very “Pro Tools Challenged,” I would really be grateful if you could keep the instructions in the simplest terms possible.

Many thanks and I hope that I have not dragged the forum down by getting so basic asking things that most of you learned long ago and can do in your sleep.

Alan