View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools | First c/w Focusrite Creative Pack

I know that PTF has nothing to do with the Pro versions and subscriptions within PT.

I too presume that the plugins are unique to Focusrite, but the links to get the plugins are via the Avid website.

Your link tells me no more than I already know! Your 20 seconds of searching has not helped at all. Thanks anyway!

The process I have followed is thus:

From my account at Focusrite I follow the link to "Get Pro Tools First" including the plugins, which says "Click here to redeem". this takes me to the following page on Avid:

I confirm the linked iLok user ID. This then skips step two and goes straight to step three:

This says "Check your email for your download links and resources to get you started!" No email ever gets sent.

As you can see, this tells me (in red text) that I have to activate my product (which I don't have). This information, it is presumably getting from my (defunct) iLok licence, as I don't have a downloaded or installed version of PTF. The link to 'My Products and Subscriptions' in my Avid account shows "You do not own any products under this account yet."

1. Focusrite told me to delete my Avid account in order to gain access to the plugins.
2. My Focusrite account page links to the Avid website in order to download and install PTF and the plugins - as you can see from my screenshots.

Perhaps therefore, if I download PTF from Avid, install it, and then proceed from the Focusrite website, I will then receive the email which will contain a link to the plugin downloads as a separate download? This is suggested from the red text in the second screenshot.

I have already contacted Avid (useless, unless you have cash to throw around), and have re-contacted Focusrite (who may have given me incorrect information, if what you suggest is correct) and iLok.

Thanks for your help. I shall re-post here once I find a solution.