View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools | First c/w Focusrite Creative Pack

Hi Christopher,

Many thanks for your very speedy reply.

Yes, the Focusrite was purchased new, and yes, I have registered it at Focusrite. The codes are in my Focusrite account. The plugins are available to me as they are linked to from my Focusrite account. It looks like Focusrite frequently give away plugins with the purchase of their hardware and may well change these from time to time. I am just uncertain as to who actually gives these away and how - is it Focusrite or Avid or the plugin developers or a combination of deals between the three - and therefore (most relevant in my case) how does this affect the license? Seeing as Focusrite told me to delete my Avid account, I presume that Avid play a part in this via the licence.

As I said, I initially deleted my Avid account directly on the advice of Focusrite precisely because they told me that was the way to get the plugins!

I have done all I have been told to do, yet still see a licence which should not be there as I deleted my account and uninstalled the (free) software! All I need to know is will a licence created a few months back be the correct one to activate?

You say read up - where?! I have been through Focusrite/Avid/iLok websites where there is no help regarding this issue. Which is why I am here! Where I am posting because I see no other threads regarding this.

I don't believe that servers logging account creation/deletion should be an issue, as I have purchased hardware which includes certain software. Seems to me that as long as all purchases are in order, all should be OK. I just need confirmation of the process.

I'm sure that someone here must have Focsurite hardware and have mucked up the process of installing things - I can't be the only idiot here.