View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Worth replacing 2008 Mac Pro for upgraded 2010 Mac Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
Thanks kindly luciepalmer & TNM for for information. I was intrigued with the old 2008 Mac Pro, level 2 cache being 12 megs, and the 2010 being level 2 cache only being 256k ?.

Also PT9 has been incredibly stable on my 2008, should I bump up to 10 ?. I aware I can buy 10 on ebay with new ilok2 for a decent price ?

Thanks a million for your time.
OK I see you have changed the OP to the 6 core, and YES, that will be worth it, of course!

Absolutely...

I am a big fan of those machines, pcie slots, 4 sata bays.. The only downside is usb 2 and no TBolt.. BUT.. i recommend at least to put one 4 slot usb 3 pcie card if you have the space..I believe even gen 2 cards are available now, 10 gb/s throughput, but i am NOT sure which ones are mac compatible, so can't help you there.. but that would be *great* for external SSD's if you need portable storage at all.

You can also easily soft raid ssd's in the sata bays there and get even better performance..