View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 03:20 AM

Default Re: 2018.3 Running Very Well Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS AIKEN View Post
Good to hear. If you’re trying to just record audio (not sure about with VI’s) at a low buffer. I’ve found using an app called Cpu Setter to disable hyper threading works well.

I recently did a drum tracking (14 tracks) session at a 32 buffer....not one spike. That’s with Slate VMR plug-ins on every track as well as Valhalla Room on an aux.

I’ll try to test it with some cpu intensive VI’s and see if it helps.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks for the tip, if works will uninstall xcode and reclaim 5gig of precious ssd space

but what we really need on mac is something that can disable certain cores per app.. in windows this is easy and built right in.

People are solving their windows PT cpu spikes by simply disabling one core only for PT.. i bet you it would work on mac too, it makes sense..

Why did avid remove the setting, sigh. Studio one has removed it too...

The only daw on mac to still let you choose (but only in divisions of 2) is Logic. But Logic doesn't have any spiking issue anyway so it doesn't matter, even at 32 buffer with 32 tracks armed.

I wonder if there is a way on mac, any way to tell PT to only use 6 or 7 threads (in the case of an 8 logic processor system, i.e a quad core with HT).