View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Avid wants access to my iLok account??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
Yep i seen it. I dont recall them asking for my password though. Its just an option to link the accounts, which by the way i already thought that was instigated and set up as that is how my licenses appear in my ilok account. I got a bit nervous thinking something had gone wrong. Anyway i linked the Avid/ilok accounts for safe measure but as soon as i,m happy with the way things are i may just un-link them. I would like someone from Avid to chime in and give some clarity on this…. for example how does this new linking differ from the previous way of depositing ilok licenses. The previous way must have dealt with some sort of linking as i never had to do anything.
Yes, it would be nice to have someone from Avid chime in to clarify this.
I will have to check later to see if I can 'un-link' Avid from my iLok account.
If they already have an agreement with iLok to be able to manage our accounts then why would they request my iLok password?? The more I think about it the more I am not liking this idea. I have a couple HD assets in my account and I'll be irate if Avid goes in and starts messing with those.
I also found it interesting that they give you iLok assets for PT 10, 11, 12 and PT 2016. Doesn't look like there will be a PT13. I'd guess that after PT 2016 there will be a PT 2017, etc.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection