View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 02:12 AM

Default C400 - flash/windows sounds crashing - workaround

Hi there,

I've had a problem playing both, my DAW (Cubase) and Windows sounds through my Audio Interface (C400) in Win 8.1. Flash was crashing and the Windows Media player took a minute too load, flash even crashed when I've tried to sign in to soundcloud.

People were suggesting I should use my on board soundcard, but that's not an option because I have only one input in my headamp.

I've tried all kinds of stuff. One thing I did was unplugging all USB devices except the mouse and the keyboard and reinstall everything again. And: IT WORKED, just till the next reboot...

Solution/Workaround:
So what I did was I've deactivated the C400 (speaker) in the audio devices menu and set the C400 Line 1/2 as standard. Et voilą, 90% of the crashes went away. My Fan is quiter, works smoother, my whole DAW is faster.

If you have e better way to solve this, please let me know! I've had a couple of interfaces over the years and none of them had this issues. I hope this is a little help for everyone who's having the same problems and can't find any workaround for this. For me, it's my last product from AVID or M-Audio.

My DAW has already been optimized for audio use.

Cheers,
Composerguy