View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Will there be an Avid S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
This is all very speculative, but no. The Dock and an S1 is a killer combo. For users who understand how to use advanced automation, the Dock has dedicated buttons for all that for under $1k (!). It was just a few years ago that you needed a C|24 or an ICON to get those buttons. Avid has a great lineup. You can build a modular surface slowly over time. Start with an S1 and PT|Control and work up.

And moving faders on the iPad sucks, but it's still better than the mouse. And (this might sound funny) I own an S3 and once in a while I see the send that I want to move on the iPad screen and just tweak it there. Sometimes that's faster than spill/flip on the S3.
So you donít think it would suck less if the dock had 4 faders like my Artist Control? Cool
Granted they are a killer combo but I was talking about the dock on its own.
Mac Pro 2019 (test unit), 2018 MBP 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4,Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB - OSX 10.14.7, Sonnet Echo 11 Thunderbolt 3, Avid Artist Control, SPL SMC, HD Omni, UA Apollo X16, UAD Satellite Octo, NI Komplete Kontrol S49, NI Maschine MK3, Pro Tools Ultimate (19.6.0.370) Eucon 2019.7, Avalon VT-737SP, iZotope RX7, Waves Mercury, Sonnox, SoundToys 5.