View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Avid

Default Re: Can we get track icons to help colorblind users like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmsound View Post
The track color-coding is great, but a lot of the colors are too similar for many colorblind engineers to correctly distinguish between when productions get complex and have a wide variety of instruments. One of my favorite boards is actually the SSL Duality for the simple reason that I can label my channels with instrument icons, which is very helpful for me to be able to tell where things are at a glance since using colors isn't really a viable option.

I know Reaper and Logic have implemented this feature very well, and I much prefer Pro Tools workflow, but when sessions get complex it makes me consider switching to a DAW that can provide this feature for me. I don't think this would be too difficult to implement, and could easily be a hideable option much like I/O, Inserts, Sends, etc.

Hi krmsound,

I've forwarded your concern to the AVID Director of Partnering Programs and he replied with the following:

"As both an Avid employee and a blind Pro Tools user, I want to thank you for bringing this up and will raise this with our team of developers and beta testers. Though I know that a desire for track icons and requests for accessibility features are not one and the same, I encourage you to consider working with VoiceOver on Pro Tools (it is fully supported) and checking out Flow Tools here: https://flotools.github.io// If you have any questions about accessibility and Pro Tools, please contact me directly at ed.gray@avid.com. - Ed Gray"

Best regards,
Tope