View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 06:07 AM

Default Re: firmware update error 1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfefc View Post
Thanks for the instructions, i did call the number pressed 3 then 1 and finally got an avid representative. Its very confusing though as a lot of the prompts arent really specific to the problem. I just needed tech support, didnt think i had to send it away for repair, its been working fine on PT9 before the update?
If you have your support code, which would have came with your unit when you purchased it, you can press 1, then enter your support code and you can talk to techsupport after waiting on hold for an unnecessary amount of time. The first time I called, I didn't know my code so I dialed 3 and asked them and they told me my code. If you don't have one, I believe you can buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfefc View Post
So to anyone else thats still having the problem the solution is still to put it in a mac running PT 9.0.2 or above and run the firmware update, however there are still problems with the firmware update on macs, apparently only OS 10.6.2 - 10.6.7 are updating without errors.
I got my firmware updated by doing this... my friend had snow leopard 10.6.2 and after 2 attempts, the update went through. Now I am getting a conflicting clock source error...