View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 01:21 PM

Default Re: ProTools crash upon opening sessions

Yes it opens. It opens to that screen where you see a list of recently open sessions... and you can select a session to open.

When I do that..... SOMETIMES I see that note that says something like "finding audio" (I forget the terminology... I'm frustrated.. haaa).... and then PT immediately crashes and re-boots to that same opening page.

But sometimes I don't even get that "finding audio" message... it just crashes when I click to OPEN a session.

Since posting this message.... I took 3 song folders FROM my bedroom PC... where PT is crashing....... and I loaded those 3 song folders onto my MAC computer in the living room. All 3 songs opened.

At someone else's suggestion I BYPASSED all the plug-ins on each track of every song.... and re-saved them. I was hoping that would solve the PC issue.

I copied the songs back to my PC..... but they continue to crash.

This would seem to say that my PT software is somehow corrupted.

This same situation happened a week ago... and I reinstalled PT on my PC.... and was able to open the song sessions again.

And now today..... PT is crashing again.
Right now I am un-installing PT again... and I will install from newly downloaded file from AVID again...

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.....
If the re-install works I'll come back here and post.... but it would sure be great to figure out WHY this is happening.