View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 won't start

Thanks for your help but it did not solve the problem.

I tried deleting preferences but for some reason I did not see the regular files 'com.digidesign.protoolsLE.plist', 'DAE Prefs' (folder), 'DigiSetup.OSX' and 'Pro Tools preferences', as described here http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=54888

Instead I had only these files associated to Pro Tools located at Preferences>Avid>Pro Tools:
AvidListFile.txt
DSIPrefs
InstalledAAXPlugIns

I have also tried to delete plugin VariFi itself but even after deleting and trashing it Pro Tools still won't start!. It would still show loading VariFi plugin even though I have deleted it and, after it crashes again, the VariFi file appears back in plugin folder.....

Finally I decided to completely erase my hard drive and to clean install Mac OS (Mountain Lion) completely. I installed PT 11 on clean system and......same problem!!! Crashes on loading VariFi plugin..... I cannot open Pt 11 at all after wiped harddrive and clean install of the software....It is so strange because I haven't have problems with it before. Was using PT 11 for couple of months with no issues...and now this is happening.

I don't know what to do! Please help if you can!! Is there a way to get ahold of Avid about this?