View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 12:05 AM

Default Re: 2018.7 So Far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhammernz View Post
Very strange behaviour since installing 2018.7. I am working on television programs, Have loaded an OMF (project is from Premiere which makes terrible AAF files) then proceeded to edit etc.. All is good for a while then I start getting AAE error 22 & 35. I have never got those before. Soon any part of the timeline that references the OMF becomes corrupt. White noise bursts on some while others simply don't play. I am on High Sierra OS 10.13.3. To fix it I rename old OMF and replace it with a copy I have kept. 2018.7 seems to be corrupting my OMF files, gone back to 2018.4.
There is something familiar about some of this (I think I was googling an AAE error code 22 with no success), unfortunately I can't remember exactly when I got it and what fixed it so not too much help to you. I'm pretty sure I ended up doing what you did and rolling back - between 2018.3 and 2018.1 possibly. Felt like something in the install got corrupted.

At the moment I'm on 2018.4 which has been the most solid I've had for a long time, but I had to roll back 2018.4 to 2018.3 on my previous rig. I have a theory that not all installs are equal, and sometimes uninstalling absolutely everything first will fix a problem with a particular version. Still, that's all for downtime, if you're mid project I'd definitely advise to stay as you are.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM