View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Will Avid ever add folders and why keep BS'ing about fixes that aren't there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
This has been my crusade for the past decade or so. Avid: Just give us a dialog box so we can access Radius' settings ourselves to determine which setting is appropriate for our source material! Or simply change it back to what you had set in Pro Tools 7.4! We were assured this was in the works, but silence for years...
The only way to do it is to get the x form plugin and muck about with the transient setting.. i was able to get great results the other day, slowing down some VERY transient percussion.. I compared directly against the PT included X form and the difference was night and day..
However.. that costs money, and also, it's audio suite.. so yes you can change something offline quickly and it sounds great, but it can't follow tempo.. For a fixed tempo project or just one change, that's fine.. it's a workaround to get stuff in time and sound good.. But for more complex projects.. you just want stuff to auto follow...
The joke is that they changed a number in a bit of PT code.. that's ALL this is.. that moved the radius transient setting to squishy.. and they won't change it back and no one has said they prefer it now.. If they can't do 5 seconds of work for something that MANY here have asked for, what hope is there for anything else? At least I know one thing, Avid has taken the lead over Apple for DAW developer that annoys me more than any other.. Apple still a close second cause they won't fix the automation timing bug in Logic.. Steinberg I actually kind of respect now.. I even get PM's answered in the forums from Steinberg top brass AND the programmers! They really keep trying to make their product great. Presonus, as much as I hate S1's gui and performance issues, they communicate and keep improving it as a DAW.. and they are TRYING to better performance with the new multi output VI each output uses it's own core thing. So I kind of respect them too. I have to say I have almost zero respect for Avid, now in December 2019.. Last year I still defended them all the time and thought they would fix everything and liked them still..