View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 09:08 PM

Default Unable to get Pro Tools 8.0 to launch w/ brand new Mac Pro and brand new 003

So this week I bought a brand new Mac Pro and a Digi 003r to give me home studio a complete overhaul and have all the latest and greatest (in my price range).

The computer finally came Wednesday evening. I didn't have time to mess with it because I was going to the NAMM show yesterday.

So today I FINALLY got to getting everything set up. First I upgraded to 10.5.5, installed the Core Audio drivers and Logic 8 (my current DAW of choice) and inspected to make sure everything was working well. For the most part everything works fine. I have had a little bit of trouble getting the Core Audio driver to locate the hardware, but it seems to finally be working well.

I registered my Digi and my iLok downloaded the huge PT 8 upgrade and got ready to start. My great day was rudely interupted by this inconvenient little error.

Pro tools starts to boot up, begins loading plug ins and then: "The application Pro Tool LE quit unexpectedly." I have retried and retried. Reset, reconnected the hardware. No luck.

At first I thought it was because the core audio drive was interfering with the startup, but i reset again and made sure it was off and still no luck. Does anyone know what the problem here could be.

Thanks in advance.