View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Questions about Avid Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Anz View Post
I haven't quite figured out the multiple group assigning yet. The best I came up with was just hitting the group tile on the dock and then going track by track and adding it to the desired group.

There is of course another new possibility. With the addition of track presets in PT 2018 I can always just create a track preset with all of my group/color/output assignments/ect. and just apply the template to the desired tracks.
I Actually posted this thread on the Artist Series Forum: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=397017 because I had found an entirely new wrinkle on this subject. The group assign process between the MC Control & the Mix appears to be different.

I run this process on the control,

1) Select Channels & link them.
2) Press the Group Knob
3) Press knob 1 to select slot 1
4) Press whatever knob has the group channel that I want on it
5) Those channels are now assigned to that group IN SLOT ONE.

I run this process on the Mix,

1) Select Channels & link them.
2) Press the Shift + Group Knob
3) Press knob 1 to select Slot 1
4) Press whatever knob has the group channel that I want on it
5) Those channels are now assigned to that group but they come up in Slot2!

I canNOT figure out why it won't go into slot 1 as directed. I can't get it to do this on either of my 2 Mix units, so, it can't be a defect. There has to be a different procedure. But THERE IS NOTHING IN THE MANUAL AT ALL to help you figure it out. At present you're the only person talking to me about this.

I've had almost 85 views and not one user has responded. This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy about forums. You could go months waiting for a reply!