View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 06:14 AM

Default Unlimited local projects details

The recent change in the Protools First "cloud storage" requirement seems clear enough:

"The limit of 3 Projects was removed from Pro Tools | First in April 2019 when "Backup to Cloud" was made optional for all users (previously required an additional subscription). Disabling this option in the Dashboard allows you to create unlimited local Projects."

But... a really simple question: How do I disable this (and -- what's the dashboard?) I have Protools installed on my PC... have ILok manager...can access my account online, etc., but the basic operation seems way too complicated.

I read somewhere that using Protools First for local projects requires no internet connection...but I keep starting a project and get the "could not connect to the server" error.

What's up? I'm using this for simple editing projects, and nothing else compares with Protools...but getting it up and running is a bit complicated. I used Protools extensively up until 2007 (when everything was local)...but there are many changes.

SPIDER