View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Delay Comp problems again, Delay comp is RED but way below limits.

Guys,

Thought about starting a separate thread, but decided to post here instead.

I've hit my first annoying snafu with PT10HD. My DLY light is permanently red because I use the standard "ping-pong" delay setup I've been using for years (all the way back to the old SSL and AMS delay routine). ie: DLY turns red because I have two mono aux's with a single long delay on each and send them back and forth between each other using pre fader send busses (gives me the fine control I need to set panning, feedback levels and filtering etc between each of the "pings" and "pongs" that I need).

PT10HD is reporting this to the delay compensation engine as an error when it most certainly is not. ie: when I put on (the annoying) tooltips and details, it correctly tells me that I have two channels feeding each other, but that's what I want and that NEVER used to post a red DLY light. I know my delay compensation situation is OK despite this, but now if and when I DO have a genuine compensation issue, I won't even know it because my residual attention will have retrained itself to say "the DLY light is ALWAYS red, no problem here, move along".

DTS. Any comment on why this was changed?? Can we please put it back the way it was or at least give us a pref for it. Something along the lines of "Report channel loops to delay compensation warning indicator -on/off"

Grrrrrrr!

Cheers.

Steve Bush
www.music180.com/pros/5887