View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 PM

Post Re: pro tools 9 compatibility with my mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel497 View Post
Hi

Can anyone confirm if pro tools 9 will work on my white macbook not pro mid 2007 model.
Maybe.

Quote:
Running snow leopard 10.6.8 and has firewire port
Good to know, though in this case the only useful information is the firewire port.

Quote:
I have found a website that mentions that all white macbook that have firewire port are supported but on avid official site it does not list it as a qualified computer.
The AVID website uses a different way of identifying the models. It uses the codenames of the processors that were used.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...547?popup=true

Here is how you reconcile the information in that document with what model MacBook you have. Go to the Apple menu and hold down the option key while selecting About This Mac. It will change to System Profiler... In System Profiler, select Hardware in the left column, and in the right pane look for a line that reads Model Identifier. If your MacBook is listed as MacBook2,1 (or earlier) it is not supported.

Quote:
I have bought an apogee duet and would prefer to use pro tools as i am more familiar with it than logic pro.
That's fine.

Quote:
And just out of interest is there any chance at all of pro tools 10 working
Yes, but only if it is not a MacBook2,1 (or earlier).