View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Received a Pro Tools HD 10 license bundle; isn't working correctly please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasleymusic View Post
Computer: MacBook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012
Processor: 2.9 GHz intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR 3
Software: OS X 10.8.2

DAW: Pro Tools HD 10.3.3
Interface: M-Audio Profire 2626
Interface Driver: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...b&OS=x119#tabs

I have my profire 2626 set as the playback engine and it is being recognized within PT.
My monitors are connected to the 2626 via line-out cables.

When I play a guitar through the line-in I am getting sound through my speakers using the m-audio digital mixer.
When I try to play through pro tools, no input signal is coming in nor out of the track.
I have put audio into a clean session and when I push play, nothing happens. The play button turns blue but then turns off.
When I set my playback engine to be the Macbook I get PT to play audio files and sound comes out so I'm thinking it's something with my 2626.
In the io settings I just hit "default settings" because I've had problems with this before in previous versions of pro tools but my 2626 is recognized and the io is how it's always been on previous versions of PT...

I'm extremely sorry for the lack of info, I guess I was hoping it would be a quick fix...Thank you so much for all of the responses and help, you guys are awesome!

- Will

P.S. The pro tools license I got seemed strange and I'm wondering if it's like a faulty license or something. One day out of the blue I received in my ilok account 3 "Pro Tools HD 10" bundle licenses which included Pro Tools HD 10, Pro Tools 10, Pro Tools 9 HD, and Pro Tools 9. I put one of them on my ilok just to see if it would work and it's letting me open up PT so I'm thinking they do! Just thought this was really strange/lucky so if you think it may be a licensing problem then that could be why! Thank you again!
This has nothing to do with the license, but if you did not purchase this licenses or qualify for it in an upgrade etc. then I would not be trying to use it, it was possible an mistake on Avid's part and you should let them know. The are not in the habit of giving away ~$2k work of Pro Tools licenses. And once they find out may come looking for that license.

Just to clarify, are you trying to use aggregate IO? What is the exact name of the playback engine device listed in the Pro Tools playback engine dialog?

Assuming you have a legitimate right to the license then follow the standard Pro Tools trouble shooting approach, described under the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above. Basically make sure you..

Focus on getting things to play at all without Pro Tools and the play button not misbehaving.
Make sure you at least...

Try to power cycle the Mac and interface.
Hole down the N key when starting up Pro Tools, see if here are multiple playback engine options listed - exactly what one are you selecting?

Trash all the prefs and database files. Carefully follow the instructions for OS X Lion. Did that fix it?
Create a compelled new empty session and try again. Focus on just getting an existing imported/drag and dropped audio content (e.g. a know OK iTunes file) to play back. Did that work?

if not create a new admin account on OS X and repeat the above test by creating a new session there.

Darryl