View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 02:32 PM

Default Are legacy licenses included with 2018.x perpetual license?

I recently purchased and installed Pro Tools 2018 on my Windows 8.1 machine with a perpetual license, which works fine on any other computer with 2018.x installed. However, versions 11 and 12 do not recognize the license on my iLok as valid, and gives me the activation screen upon launching the program. When I enter my credentials, I am told that "there are no licenses in my account, there are no activations available, no pending deliveries, may need to visit Avid website to get a license deposited... etc.".

I gave Avid support a call after trying to update the iLok software and syncing the licenses on the computer I was using, and they told me that I was only entitled to version 2018. This doesn't seem to be correct, as the iLok License Manager tells me that my perpetual license's Version Limit includes "Versions released on or before 1/25/2019", and I have versions 10.1 to 11.3 downloadable under My Products and Downloads on Avid's website.

Does this coincide with everyone else's experiences regarding a Pro Tools Perpetual License, or am I having some sort of problem?

Thanks!