View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Codec error on video import

Hi there,
I seem to be having the same problem as everyone else here with Pro Tools 11.3.1. Right now whenever I try to load a video into a session the video window and thumbnails show up blank. When I start playback, playback either doesn't start (the stop button on the transport stays illuminated and the play button blinks on and off) which is followed by a "The video engine is unable to create thumbnails for the video track" error message or, playback starts but the video window is blank. When I stop playback I get several error messages saying "There was a problem stopping pro tools". When I try to quit the session a status bar appears saying "waiting for video operation to complete" which takes several seconds to finish before the session actually closes. At times I'm also greeted by an error message saying something about missing codecs in the video file, pt then doesn't let me import video at all.

I've spent 2 days combing over troubleshooting fixes, installing a whole bunch of new quicktime component files, enabling and disabling the video engine, clean uninstalls of 10 and 11 (I have them co-installed), set my drive permissions to record in the workspace, trashed all my preferences and converted video files to supported formats/codecs as well as everyhting else listed on this post but nothing yet. All these video files seem to work perfectly in PT 10 but I really need to be able to use the offline bounce feature in 11 with video.

If anyone can help me out with this it would be much appreciated, this thing is driving me bonkers! Ha ha.

I'm running a late 2009 iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
OSX 10.8.5
12 gigs of ram
3.06 GHz

Thanks!!!

Best,
Simon