View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Could anyone recommend an antivirus software

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
In 2009, common sense still remains the best anti-virus software. And, no, that's not the name of a program. I haven't used anti-virus software on any of my machines for almost a decade and I haven't gotten any viruses in that time. Then again, my parents can't seem to go a week without getting one on their machine...

I know you prefaced your post with the fact that you "know your DAW should be kept offline," but even if it isn't, you should have no need for anti-virus software on your DAW partition. You shouldn't be surfing around sites you shouldn't be on your work machine, and you shouldn't be downloading anything questionable period. Also, your clients shouldn't be bringing over anything that's an .exe file; Just audio files and project files. So, even if your DAW IS connected to the internet, I ask you, why do you feel you need anti-virus software? Honest question...

And, to answer your question, AVG Free is fine.
man, i admire your moxie but it's really not 'all' about where one goes while online. it's about how vulnerable you rig is 'while' online. so as lucky or smart as you've feel like you've been, just remember MS is constantly findin' and fixin' their code so that it cannot be exploited. and IMHO viruses are the child's play of hackers. but data theft is anythin' but that. and that's what you also seem to leave yourself open to (if you bank online). well anyway, here's hopin' you really do have things in place and are not 'just' relyin' on luck. because what you describe is for your system to just be waitin' for a unknown and unwanted ping!!! just sayin'

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff