View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 12:35 PM

Default Re: D command ES with PT BASIC question

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_nyc View Post
Cut to 2022- I have a client who has an old D-Command (no X-Mon). He just obtained the 2021 PT Standard license. I tried to walk him through the menus remotely today- on a Mac Mini. In Setup he has the peripherals section, with either EUCON or Legacy Surface Controllers as an option on this menu. No matter which option he chose, after the scanning stopped, his D-Command did not respond. One time, he received a warning about not having the proper drivers. Would it be possible to obtain these D-Command drivers somewhere and run this surface on his standard PT configuration? Or is it still only limited to Ultimate software? Please let me know. Thanks.

There are no D-Command drivers. The functionality is baked into Pro Tools, which is part of the reason those old control surfaces still work with current versions despite the lack of active support for some years now. An ultimate license is required...
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.