View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Can I use one audio interface with 2 DAW opened at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
This assumes they're using HD interfaces in which case the CA driver does require exclusive access. If they're not using an HD interface it's not a problem. Personally, I feed a Metric Halo ULN8 for monitor control with AES from the HD interfaces - that gives me CA access into my monitor chain and I can run multiple DAWs/editors simultaneously and do it all the time - aside from the obvious (running RX/etc) alongside Pro Tools, I frequently need to move between Logic and Pro Tools for session prep/interchange - this all works smoothly here assuming sample rates are the same.
That's really nice! But I guess Windows users will just have to dream on... I wish an innovative developer would find a workaround for Windows. I know it's possible, in spite of the present limitations. Almost everything is possible if there's enough motivation to make it so.