View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Why is 12 sucking SO BAD?!?

Is it possible that having PT11 and PT12 co-installed is causing problems? I have found PT12 to be about as stable as PT11, though my usage doesn't stress the system much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried Meier View Post
Good lord 12 is a terrible piece of software. I've got identical partitions for 11.3HD and 12.2HD made, the only difference being what version of PT is on there. With every update, I've attempted to use 12 for even the simplest tasks and it's been impossible. Constant crashes, weird behaviour, and just general uselessness. It's got nothing to do with the computer, it's got nothing to do with the install. I simply go back to my 11HD partition and keep on working. Like, come on with the scroll wheel people!!! How hard is it to make that work like it did in 12? Sessions I'm currently working on that work fine in 10HD and 11HD just hang, crash or behave weird in 12.2HD. That just shouldn't be.

I really can't recall any version of PT being at a .2 update and being in such rough shape as this. Stop releasing updates until things are fixed guys, this is seriously getting out of hand. I hate some of the ridiculous comments I'm seeing on this message board from people that clearly barely use the software. But I'm having a hard time not agreeing with them when I can't even use it myself on a daily basis for work.

I'd argue right now that an HD license for 10 is probably the most valuable piece of Pro Tools in existence…it was the last version that was really any good, although I am using 11 and for the most part getting away with it.

SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT AVID!!