View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Playback Engine or Playback Ancient ?

Maybe this doesn’t really apply to your situation, but since I’m running a HDX system, there is no other audio device that I want to use with Pro Tools. So once I start Pro Tools, the HDX remains the audio card exclusively for Pro Tools. I can run PT with HDX and zoom simultaneously though. When running zoom simultaneously, I use the Soundsource app to assign the zoom output to a headphone output of one of my HDMI video monitors that is mixed in with my local audio. This way I can use PT, HDX and zoom at the same time. I use my Webcam mic for the zoom mic. For the far end audio participants to hear the Pro Tools mix output, I use Audiomovers to stream in HD to the browsers on the far end users computers. I do not share PT audio in the zoom call. As long as I and those on the far end are all using headphones and not speakers, we do not need to mute any mics or zoom calls because we avoid feedback or echo from the Pro Tools audio to the zoom call mic by using headphones. But I hear you that PT is not made to switch soundcards on the fly.
PT 2024.3 Ultimate HDX, Dual Slate Raven MTi2, HD IO 16x16, Mac Studio M2 Max on Sonoma, 64GB RAM, 4 TB & 8 TB external SSD NVMe drives, Neve 1073OPX(2), Slate VSX, Focal Solo Be6, Roland V-Drums, DW drums, too many VI’s and plug ins to mention.