View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Disappointed with PT 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Since when are RTAS more expensive than a VST or AU made by the same company...? You buy a plugin, generally it comes with all 3 verions, and it's the same price...
You are right. But there are many VST plugins out there that are much cheaper but at least as good as the 'Big' companies.

Quote:
I use Pro Tools because it has the greatest editing workflow of any DAW I've ever used. It's also extremely stable. It works all day every day without crashing. (...) I'm just lucky...
Well either you are lucky or I have a lot of bad luck. And my fellow (ex-) students with it. Because we all suffered from the weirdest bugs. We all had different things. Any studio I've been has had problems with Pro Tools. Often also hardware-related. Switching on and off things, try this, try that until it finally works again. And it's not me because it's wasn't always me behind the keys. Do you use Pro Tools for feature film and the like? With small projects I have no problems but the bigger it gets the more trouble it gives. I'm writing this while waiting for an 'import session data' of a big project that is giving me lots of (technical) trouble, hoping it will run stable again for a while..

But I have to agree with you about the editing: I'm not sure if there's any DAW out there that works so well for editing audio files. But.. Automation can get really messy when trimming audio. And the Bin of course is also totally ridiculous. I don't want to see all the freakin' regions, I just want to see the audio files!

And what about panning of a stereo file? Huh? I can't control the global panning? Only the panning of the individual L and R tracks? What's the use of that?.. And what about volume control of a 5.0 surround track? What? Do I need an expensive third party plugin for controlling the volume of the surround channels? ..Oops, here I go again