View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Disappointed with PT 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb View Post
The reason I use Pro Tools is because that's what I've learned at the film school, and because almost every studio uses it. I agree: Pro Tools works great when, on a rare occasion, you can work a complete day without bugs and problems. Could it be that almost every studio uses it because... almost every studio uses it?
I use Pro Tools because it has the greatest editing workflow of any DAW I've ever used. It's also extremely stable. It works all day every day without crashing. I can literally count on one hand how many times Pro Tools 9 has crashed on me since I bought it last November. Could it possibly be your system, or user error...? No of course not, I'm just lucky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb View Post
Edit: I forgot to mention something: VST support?? No Only RTAS and TDM. And those plugins, made solely for Pro Tools and thereby very expensive, have to be updated to be compatible with a newer Pro Tools version? What the...? I could go on forever. Sorry I'll be quiet now..
It's been said before... but I'll say it again. Pro Tools will NEVER have VST support. VST is Stienberg. AU is Apple. RTAS is Avid. It is the way it is. If you want VSTs, you need a wrapper (VE Pro, Reaper, FXpanson, etc, etc, etc...) or get a DAW that uses VSTs.

Since when are RTAS more expensive than a VST or AU made by the same company...? You buy a plugin, generally it comes with all 3 verions, and it's the same price... I don't know any RTAS versions that are more expensive than any other version. Yes, TDM plugs are more expensive, but they run on dedicated hardware which the others do not. Completely different kind of plugin.

Seriously dude... you are using Pro Tools for the wrong reasons. If you feel it isn't suited for you... there are so many other DAWs out there.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515