View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Best Core 2 Series Desktops-Results and Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulreed View Post
hey everyone, especially Mykhal C and Sunburst, I have my new machine running, still waiting on the Corsair HX620 power supply, but my case came with a power supply it was not supposed to so I have put it together and it works!!!! I have never done this before so I am thrilled it did not blow up when I hit the power for the first time!!!

here is my Dverb results for posting:

Paulreed - 334 D-verbs on a Q9650, Asus P5Q Deluxe P45, 4 gigs 1066 corsair dominator RAM, Scythe Ninja2 cooler, two Asus EAH 3450 ATI fanless video cards for 3 monitors, Istar 400 series Quiet case, Three W.D. 3200KSRTL sata drives, sony DRU-865S lightscribe sata DVD drive, 2 noctua NF-R8 80mm fans in the back and one noctua NF-S12 120 mm pulling from the ninja heatsink. Pro Tools 7.4 C.S.8, Waves Platnium, Auto Tune 5 and Evo, Reason 4, Sony's Acid 6.

I have a question about motherboard temp, it seems to be running about 10C hotter than my cpu, is this ok? I have bought both a Carillon and a Spectral pc in the past and never paid attention to temps. what are good temps for the cpu and motherboard???

Once you ditch the IStar PSU you will find that its a very quiet unit. I get a lot of "Is that on?" remarks. The 334 Dverb is nice. (I'm sitting on a Q9550 -I really need to drop that in) What are you showing for available memory in the system information tab and how large are the cards memory?

Just another note, the noctua fans are so quiet, the only thing I can hear, as far as I can tell, is the Istar power supply chugging along, I assume the Corsair will be much quieter when it arrives.

I can now do my sessions with enough power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once you ditch the IStar PSU you will find that its a very quiet unit. I get a lot of "Is that on?" remarks. The 334 Dverb is nice. (I'm sitting on a Q9550 -I really need to drop that in) What are you showing for available memory in the system information tab and how large are the cards memory?
The motherbord temp sensers seem to vary wildly in accuracy. I think mine is registering about 10,000 degrees kelvin but its been doing so for a year or two and the chipset coolers are cool to the touch. I gave my chipset cooler a blast of component cooler and the temp never wavered even though there was frost on it. As long as the heatsink is cool I dont think I would worry about it.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88