View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Control 24 firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletoby View Post
I have a similar problem, the faders are jumping around, but only after a time when the unit becomes warmer. It starts with bank one and after a time the bank two follows. I've tried already to clean all the connectors and else. I am not sure if its a software problem, but it doesn't seems like that, since it doesn't do right from the beginning.

Hi,

Classic sign of the power supply starting to fail. I used a Control 24 for 15 years and had this problem about 3 times with the faders not working correctly and its mostly the power supply. first bank 1-8 then bank 9-16 after its been on for a while. other thing to look at is the Molex connection from the power supply to the fader boards but as its happening on two banks i would say power supply.

Most common failure on the power supply is the C20 capasitor which can be removed and replaced quite easily if youre ok with a soldering iron.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.