View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 07:32 PM

Default AAE-9173 - Ran Out Of CPU Power

What IO Buffer size are you working at? This is the primary impact on performance here as folks have been pointing out. You are mentioning everything under the sun except that most critical thing.

What the CPU meters display is not a highly accurate magical view of what might be going on. Do not spend a lot of time worrying about what they show. All that matters is avoiding CPU errors, and the best that you as a user can do is properly optimize the system, run with an IO buffer large enough to be stable (and live with whatever latency that causes) and/or change workflow especially freezing and committing tracks. In some cases a better interface/driver may help, or you need to buy a bigger computer. This stuff is dealt with by folks all the time, Avid should already be well aware of stability issues in AAX, I suspect they may not have the deep technical/architect folks left who can address this. I suspect your efforts are best spent in working on what you can do to get things running as best as you can for your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk