View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 09:36 PM

Default Re: D-Command replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
I had a very long look at both second hand D-Commands and D-Controls before I got the S6. It was a tough decision. There had been a 16 fader D-Control on eBay UK for months and it dropped as low as £10K. It looked like new!

What put me off is that the blue ones are end of life and the grey ones will be next year. I know they still work great but for how long? I wouldn't put it past Avid to break them like it did with the Control 24.
The units are dropping so much in price, its easy to cross that road when it happens. There are way to many people using the D-Command and D-Control professionally, it would be Suicide for Avid to intentionally brick them for at least another 7-10 years.

Doing that to the Control 24 was only upsetting a bunch of local recording studio guys who's studios were trending death as a result of the industry, too many folks in post using the D-Command/D Controls, and those are the people that will actually pay the PT subscription extortion fee. Avid can't risk upsetting those people. They have been foolish lately, but I can't believe they are that insane.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp