View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 01:17 AM

Default Where is Xpand!2 Virtual Instrument?

Hi community,

I recently installed the free PTF on a Windows 10 laptop and it all works beautifully including the drums sounds I use for MIDI on Xpand! 2 pre-installed without me having to do anything but the laptop is used for loads of stuff so not really dedicated for music production.

I also have a Macbook Air so I deactivated PTF on Windows, uninstalled it and have installed PTF on the Mac instead...but no Xpand! 2 - when I open a template that uses it, I get a message saying the plugin is missing.

- Some knowledgebase articles say it is preinstalled - I haven't got either a .big file or .aaxplugin file for it anywhere
- Some say I have to download it from the marketplace - when I go into the marketplace I cannot find Xpand!2 and the two First AIR bundles are pay only
- Some say there is a link to download it in the My Avid account - no there isn't!

Where do I get Xpand! 2 from??? I am new to Pro Tools so I'm not buying anything yet until I'm sure I can use it for the purposes that I need so I just want the basics to play around with and learn.

If anybody can tell me, please do. Also, if I need to supply any more info.

Thanks in advance.