View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Installing Pro Tools 10

lol : )

Sometimes my 'matter of fact' posting style does not translate well to the forum...

Sorry if my post came off as 'hazing' - I was really just trying to let the OP know that the installation is not any different from 9 - basically download and install. In fact, the registration and iLok authorization is the hardest part!

Here ya go (and this is found in the 'Pro Tools Installation' pdf in the Pro Tools 10 Documentation...)

Download the Pro Tools installer online.
Do one of the following:
• On Mac, locate and double-click Install Pro Tools.mpkg.

On Windows, do one of the following:

• If Windows AutoRun is enabled, a mini-browser appears. Select Install Pro Tools to begin
installation.
– or –
• If Windows AutoRun is disabled, locate and double-click Setup.exe. Then, in the resultant
mini-browser, select Install Pro Tools to begin installation.

4 Follow the on-screen instructions to continue with installation.
5 At the Installation Type page, do one of the following:
• To install all Pro Tools application files and free plug-in suites (and associated content),
leave the default Installation options selected and click Continue.
– or –
• Select (or deselect) a custom configuration of Installation options (see “Installation Options”
on page 9) and click Continue.
6 Click Install.
7 If prompted, enter your Administrator password and click OK to authenticate the
installation.
8 Follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
9 When installation is complete, click Restart (Mac) or Finish (Windows).

The main thing is to take your time, and read the on screen instructions. Also it would really help to download and peruse the documentation found here: http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=419211
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.