View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 12:06 AM

Default Pro tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
An HD Native Thunderbolt box, a Focusrite Red XPre and an HD32R will get you there in only 2 spaces and at a fraction of the cost of the same number of HD I/Os. Actually, you can use two HD32Rs and save even more over the cost of the Red XPres is you don't need to other interface capabilities. Or buy a pair of RedNet 5s on the used market for ~$400-500 each if you are comfortable giving up the redundant network capability.

Plus you have the added benefit of connecting to the Dante network through a real hardware Dante device, not using DVS, which has some really odd and random stability problems on both Windows and Mac OS.

Or the Waves digigrid route that I am seriously considering using DLI interfaces and 192i/o’s to spare an HDX1 room with a native counterpart, using one digigrid interface each and bridging Protools to the network.
We need to have the possibility to expand our systems and not depend on clearly monopoly limits to tracks, voices I/O etc.
I know from a source that HDX was limit on porpoise to only receive 64 I/O, having to buy a second one to have full Madi I/O and analog or digital for a studio. So we have to expect that kind of limits because there is not such software and hardware, especially for post with surround and immersive audio that can do what protools do. We have to remind us that this program is KING. There is no such competitor that can rival Avid Protools for big mixing in the box work.
That’s the truth.
By then we should ask and pray sometimes that the king could be gentle and give us some goodies. Thats all we can do now sadly. Ask competitors to do a hardware surface with the power of an old D command and for some things that I don’t understand, they cannot deliver one. Who is using Yamaha Nuage or something like that? I don’t know how to mix with mouse clicks or a touch screen like ravens when I am looking at picture and not seeing my fingers. So c’mon if competitors don’t like to compete in post or big mixes we will be stuck with a company with sufficient market power to make more profits and unkind with much of his client base.

Cheers to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Watagushu2013; 01-28-2019 at 12:18 AM.