View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools regularly freezing + 'Not Responding'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantranquilo View Post
@dansei this is on Pro Tool Studio 2022.7 and this is the solution for this random freezes. If i disconnect my pc from the internet pro tools runs smoothly, but as soon as I connect my PC to internet it starts freezing like, almost every minute.

The problem is: I can't work without internet connection, so I'm clearly running in circles here
Lots to consider here:
#1-You resurrected a 3 year old post that may or may not have anything to do with your issue.
#2-Since disconnecting from the internet is a possible fix, that's where I would concentrate your troubleshooting.
#3-Nobody can offer much help with zero details on your setup. Look near the top of this(and every) page for a link named Help Us Help You and have a good read.
#4-Why must you have internet running while Pro Tools runs? If you are using iLok Cloud, I highly recommend buying a physical iLok and moving your license(s) off the cloud and onto an iLok(which works without internet).
#5-As soon as you connect to the internet, your computer can be a target for malware, trojans, viruses, etc. This is possible without even opening a browser. I would download and run a few things such as; MalwareBytes Anti-malware, CCleaner and any free anti-virus. Once they all come back showing clean, uninstall them(or at least disable them from the Startup menu so they only run when you want).
#6-review all the required system tweaks, for 2 reasons. 1-to make sure they are in place, and 2-because some can be reset by a windows update without your knowledge.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave