View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Last thing I need is the Microphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbox2issue View Post
What do you guys think about MARSHALL MXL-2003? It costs $169 free shipping including the shockmount. Thanks
I haven't used it but I try to buy mics based on how they sound and not on what they cost. If you can try one, give it a listen. I do own a pair of the original MXL(formerly called Marshall) 2001 mics and they are okay for some things but I have several that sound better on voice, including the V69, Neumann TLM49, Shure SM-7 and Sennheiser MD441. If you are just trying to get started and are looking at this as a hobby and learning experience, an SM-57 will always be a welcome addition to any mic collection. I just would not expect to achieve a commercial release quality out of it(although it HAS been done, it takes a skilled engineer). Each of us may have a different idea about what constitutes a good mic vs. an okay mic vs. a great mic so please take my opinion as just that. You could also google "review of ________" with the mic choice in the blank and see what others have to say about almost any mic you might be considering.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave