View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Selected ASIO Device could not be Initialized. (PT10, 003)

OK, first thanks everyone for all the help!
Unfortunately not much has changed....

dave911, I have now fully completed the troubleshooting guide, including trashing the preferences and have disabled the mobo sound in the bios.

albee1952, yes i do have an atihd 6670 with latest drivers, in the bios i cannot disable the onboard gfx outright, the only option i have is 'enable if no pcie device is present', which i have set to.

to YYR123 and oxelamp, when in the 'playback engine' section, I actually dont have any options, it is fixed to 'Digidesign FW 003', i can change settings like 'host processors' etc but I don't think thats what your getting at :-D

In regards to this 'asio' stuff, In one of my early attempts i tried ASIO4ALL, which did let me enter the program using ASIO4ALL as the playback engine, however this didnt seem to communicate with the 003 at all, and I have since reformatted and reinstalled windows (several times) and have not installed ANY asio things, as far as i know.

So just to reiterate, at the moment the computer has:
win7 64bit fully updated
protools 10.0.0
avid 003 driver 9.0.2.65 (i think this is the latest)
updated ethernet, usb, firewire drivers (have tried the legacy firewire as per troubleshooting, no effect), updated gfx drivers, updated realtek audio drivers (i also tried uninstalling this, to no effect).

any more suggestions? cos i got nothing!

thanks, rob