View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Focusrite Scarlet 18i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattskii View Post
Hi.

Only just had my attention drawn to this.

I’ve got a Scarlett 18i20 interface. However, it’s not stable on PT11 in that -6001 errors occur when moving between sessions of different bit rates. This might be an issue related to W7 or USB2, but I’m still not sure as the Focusrite help wasn't very helpful.

I eventually concluded that the cause was with the Focusrite drivers. The earlier version confines me to a 44.1. I can get above that with the current version (in scarlett-mixcontrol-1.8), but - as I've said - it's unstable. Their beta (in Scarlett MixControl-1.9b4) is dangerous. When it fails you need to do a complete deinstall of PT to make things work again.

The interface is, however, stable with PT10. It's also stable with Reaper.

Cheers,
Matthew.
Do you mean bit rate or sample rate? I think you're talking about sample rates. When switching sessions with different sample rates...44.1k to 48k, for example...there will be a hangup with Pro Tools. It is actually not a hardware issue per se, but has more to do with how PT "sees" the sample rates. It'd be nice if the sample rate would just adjust automatically to whatever the session rate happens to be, but, unfortunately that is not the case with most of the Focusrite interfaces.

Are you on Windows or Mac?