View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:58 PM

Default Help recording MIDI on PT with Reason 3.0.5

Looking for some pointers on how to best use reason to record MIDI on to PT:

1. What's the best way to set up the tracks? (should I use an Stereo Aux Track)
2. Then what should i do? (insert a MIDI Track? Audio Track? or what?)
3. Im up to the point that i insert one stereo aux.. then one MIDI track and start recording (using one of the NN-XT software instruments)and that works fine.. do normally the track only gets recorded on PT or on Reason (depending on what program the record button is pushed) isn't there a way so that the track is recorded on both.. and that edits performed on either one of the programs is reflected on the other (i find editing MIDI notes on Reason easier than on PT).
4. And then here is the part that really gets on my nerves.. if i use two NN-XT in reason why do the instruments selected on both of them sound simultaneously if only one is activated on the sequencer!... does anyone know what in talking about!... usually i can record the first indtrument fine.. but when i get to the second one each time i press a ky on the controller i get the sound of the selected NN-XT and the sound of the one i just recorded.. can someone help me out here...

So finally this is what i would like to do...
1.Use the NN-XT for recording software instruments.
2. Each instrument on a different MIDI PT track.
3. The ability to edit the sound on both programs(like using Maxim on pro tools and the RV7000 on Reason)

Can anyone help???