View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Really getting frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I don't mean just no plugins in the session. I mean you troubleshoot this "properly" by moving all .aaxplugin files out of the plugin folder and trashing prefs and trying with just the standard Pro Tools plugins installed. A very quick test and the best way of excluding third party plugins.
What you are trying to do is make big bold steps to try to triangulate the problem. e.g. is it downstream of the DAW or if it's in the DAW is it a plugin etc... rare for clicks and pops there not to be caught and cause errors, but if it's happening it's possibly a plugin.

And if it's coming from the DAW and not a plugin and not fixed by trashing prefs, and trying new empty sessions etc. then you could spend forever trying to track it down. Instead of that I'd tend to go for broke at that point. Do a full clean test install of macOS in a container on the boot drive if there is space or on a spare external SSD. Install Pro Tools and ILM only and fully optimize the machine again.. and test with built-in output.