View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 12:11 AM

Default Re: my cranesong phoenix was stolen from me by ilok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonegiver View Post
i bought what i thought was a legitimate license for Cranesong Phoenix 2. about 6 months later i get an email from ilok saying the license was put there by mistake and that i cannot contact ilok support. they will not help me. i paid 450 dollars for this license through ebay. has anyone here had any experience with this kind of thing that might be able to help get my plugin back or money to buy again. this is crazy. the worst part is that ilok will not even speak to me. here is an excerpt:

The following licenses that were deposited in error were removed from your account:
Publisher Product Number of removed licenses
Crane Song Ltd Phoenix II 1
Our records indicate that one or more of the licenses were purchased from another ilok.com user. Please contact the seller of each license if you wish to obtain a refund. You can find the seller's name and other information in the email we sent to you on the transfer date. You may also try to seek a refund through any 3rd party broker, such as ebay or PayPal. Please do not contact ilok.com support; unfortunately they will not be able to assist you.
Hi,

Was this an ilok licence transfer? If yes then I think ilok definitely should be responsible and help you out! You would have had no way of knowing if this ilok auth was not genuine! You are just the end user of THEIR website and THEIR software.

Was this an orphaned USB ilok dongle with the licence on? Don't think it was but just checking facts!!

If it was not genuine then they should have flagged it up immediately the first time you synced with ilok software manager.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.