View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 03:04 PM

Default Setting up Omni Monitor and IO paths help and tips please

Hey all. Just starting a new contract gig and need to set up for 7.1.

I am on an HDN which has been running an HD IO 16x16 and an input expanded 192 and monitoring through a console. I just added the Omni and everything seems to be good in the Hardware setup, all buttons are green on the interfaces but I have some IO/Monitor setup questions as the user guides are less than clear. I have a support ticket open but Avid are slow to respond.

I want to use the Monitor Controller section in the Omni but am unsure how to route the analog out of the Omni or how to configure the monitor output. There is a default 7.1 path set to output through a second set of 1-8 on the 192 but there are only 8 analog outputs on that. Only the input section has been expanded. The analog outs on the Omni are connected to the speakers (LR anyway). I can hear playback through phones connected to the Omni but nothing out of the speakers.

I also see there is a mixer tab in the Omni hardware setup. I take it I can run my computer output into a pair of the inputs and mix into the monitor outs?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by CygnusX-1Bk2; 10-14-2019 at 05:47 PM.