View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Would you go from Snow Leopard to Lion (not Mountain Lion) if you could?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricWillhelm View Post
So I have one of the older '07 MacPros that can do Lion but not Mountain Lion. I'm still holding at Snow Leopard. I just found out that I can still get Lion from Apple if I want to. Question is, do I want to? I have zero experience with Lion.I DO have Mountain Lion on another machine here, but not running PT on that one.

So there's my basic question. Are ther any pros and/or cons to moving to Lion 7.4 from Snow Leopard? Will I regret it? Love it? Anyone?
I HATED LION. So much that I just erased it and went back to Snow Leopard. Seriously, just use a $20 bill as a kleenex or toilet paper, it will be better use of it.

I can't think of any advantages it has over Snow Leopard, just a lot of drawbacks, the most annoying being the lack of "Save As". Yes, there's no "Save As". What stupidity possesed them to remove a command that is as essential to using a computer as the power button is beyond my comprehension. Instead, apple though it would be more convenient for you to "Duplicate", and then rename the duplicate.

They got smart in ML, and bought back the Save As feature. I have both a ML and SL partition now, but I still spend most of my time on SL. I will probably move to ML permanently eventually, but I just haven't had enough time for it to prove itself yet.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?