View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Interesting - Tony Cariddi From Avid Talks Cloud Pricing, Pro Tools 12.5.1 & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cariddi View Post
Hello bcwiz,

Thanks for listening to the podcast. With your 15-month upgrade plan you received all upgrades through Pro Tools 12.5. That would have included: new Freeze and Commit workflows, Clip Transparency, new batch fades workflows, unlimited busses, an improved I/O setup, plus Cloud collaboration. If you are a PT owner (as opposed to PT HD) you also received a bunch of other new capabilities.

I'm sorry to hear that you consider this a complete waste of money. Was there something additional you were expecting to receive?

Thanks,
Tony
None of which I can use in the main room because you (Avid) bricked my Pro Control. The crappy video engine, recording dropouts in early versions of 11 (did that get fixed?), not being able to put plugins on top of the video window (did that get fixed?), lousy app manager (why bother), Cloud Collab not wanted or needed thanks (besides the EULA would preclude using it in post). And yes I am an HD owner, so what. If I want to move forward I need to find some money to buy a used Icon so in the mean time paying an upgrade and support plan is a waste of money. I'm sure you're a nice guy Tony but I think it's a damn mess over there.