View Single Post
Old 01-26-2002, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on the Future of the 001...and Apple

There was a thread about people making a living with the 001-I was amazed people were doing so well with it, and pleased for them. Probaly not what Digi had in mind, but who knows.
I'm a part time musician and 001 owner who owns a small non music business. If I had the opportunity to make a living doing music for picture, or as a recording artist, or any number of other recording related ways, and assuming I could make something near what I'm now earning, I would have no qualms about buying an HD system. In fact , I'm sorely tempted to buy one anyway. I really don't know what "a living" is for the pro 001 users, but if I was making a mortgage, and taking care of a wife and kids, hell, even HD seems like a reasonable investment. For someone to enter the business I'm in, they would need many times the cost of such a system. I'm not talking about building a 500,000 dollar studio, but a home setup. If you can edit music, record bands, or produce music for commercials,etc, in your home and all it cost you is $20,000 to set up a system that allows you to do that, you are doing very well IMO. Hell, it probably costs more than that to start a carpet cleaning business. If you can do it with the 001, or DP or Logic or Nuendo for far less, even better. The fact that you can do it at all is something pretty new and very happening.