View Single Post
Old 01-26-2002, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on the Future of the 001...and Apple

To me the whole question about digi is whether they are interested in empowering users at this end of the scale. yes they are the "industry standard" when it comes to pro studios. whoop dee do. when someone else is paying for it i will gladly record to reels of toilet paper if it sounds good. (BTW i have recorded commercial releases in some well known places.) compatibilty is really not an issue....file transfers can be done across platforms and programs if we're talking hard disk. it just may take a little longer.

what is really annoying is that there are are so many people/products out there who want to LET me make great recordings in my house, without the constraints of a major studio or error messages.

digi WILL NEVER get behind any powered dsp other than TDM. the reality is that the pro studio market ,(which will be like the market for today's travel agents in 10 years) is where they continue to focus their efforts, all the while riding on their laurels.

the 001 is 2 years old. what is that in dog...errrr i mean technology years?

there is software and hardware out there designed to empower you, at a much lower cost than a TDM system. yeah, i guess it's not quite as fashionable but it will do just fine.

yep, it's your choice. digi has already made theirs.