View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Blackmagic Desktop Video Software v10.1.1 Update

I had major video engine problems in my last mix, PT2018.4 OS X10.13.3 and BM Driver 10.9.10, video engine errors all over, PT crashes. Avid is still trying to figure it out. Now I had a week in between mixes so I reinstalled everything from scratch, formatted my drive. Same OS/PT version but BM driver 10.9.12, now I get get no picture out on HDMI at all, Systems prefs seems to see the card (Decklink 3D Extreme), and in PT I can enable and disable video hardware. No picture out though. I tried uninstalling the driver many times, tried most versions from 10.9.4 and up. Disabled Mac's SIP so I wont have to approve the driver install in the privacy prefs. I even installed Sierra on another drive with PT 2018.4 and tried with the same results. Reseated the card in another PCI slot even. I can run picture direct from my Mac but my BM card is genlocked and I have a few PT systems on satellite link so I would prefer that. Computer is a MacPro 5.1 20GB RAM. Mixing 2 weeks now so if anyone have a clue let me know.

Update: Seem to be a codec problem, I imported a H264 and I get picture, but I did install Avids new codec package 2.3.7, using DnxHD....

Update 2: Very strange problem, I get picture with DnxHD codec as long as I run the card on genlock with a master clock. Without clock, some ProRes and H264 codecs works, DnxHD not.

Update 3: The initial video engine errors and crashes was caused by Waves plug-ins. I have Mercury installed and upon removing all Waveshells I had no further error in either 10.12 or 10.13.3. On my other system (same setup) Waves runs fine, that system does not have a BM card installed though, I suspect a Waves/BM driver issue. Avid is testing this now.

Last edited by Ken Skoglund; 05-18-2018 at 12:35 PM. Reason: update