View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Real bass guitar...Midi bass guitar... what to you put on em to make em sound great ?

I've been using the sounds in my Roland XV-5050 for bass recently, and they all sound pretty good and pretty real, as long as I'm a bit artistic with the MIDI notes.
A touch of compression is nice to even it out, but the patches are sometimes compressed just enough to use "as is".
To me, the bass and kick drum have to work as a team to achieve the perfect rhythm track, but you know that. It's really goose bump raising when I finally get the perfect mix between kick and bass and I hear the impact of the bass note with real definition!
No matter what "tweaking" I seem to do with bass, I usually end up going back to the original sound because I find that I gradually lose the flavor of the note with every plug I add to the track.
I'm very meticulous about getting the bass sound perfect BEFORE I track it.
You really can make bass sound "real" in the MIDI world if you write midi data from a "player's point of view".

I've always liked the bass sounds I've heard on your stuff, Roy. Keep up the great work!

Murph
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]